- stated by Jack LaLanne to have become little gems known as “LaLanneisms”Here are a few of Jack’s words of wisdom:
- Anything in life is possible if you make it happen.
- Anything in life is possible and you can make it happen.
- Your waistline is your lifeline.
- Exercise is King, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
- Don’t exceed the feed limit.
- The food you eat today is walking and talking tomorrow.
- Ten seconds on the lips and a lifetime on the hips.
- Better to wear out than rust out
- Do – don’t stew.
- People don’t die of old age, they die of inactivity.
- First we inspire them, then we perspire them.
- You eat everyday, you sleep everyday, and your body was made to exercise everyday.
- Work at living and you don’t have to die tomorrow.
- I can’t die, it would ruin my image.
- If man makes it, don’t eat it.
- If it tastes good, spit it out.
- What’s it doing for me?
- Your health account is like your bank account: The more you put in, the more you can take out.
- If one apple is good, you wouldn’t eat 100.
- It’s not what you do some of the time that counts, it’s what you do all of the time that counts.
- Make haste slowly.
- Eat right and you can’t go wrong.
- I am not asking you to win, just don't quit. John Cena
- "People think I'm disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference." Luciano Pavarotti, opera singer 1935-2007.
- When you areise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive- to breathe,to think, to enjo, to love Marcus Aurelius
- Watch what you say. God is listening. Al Sweargin ( deadwood)
- Peace is for Pussies Russel Edgington ( True Blood)
- Luck is not a factor. Stupidity and wisdom are. Let's hope that stupidity loses - Kevin "The Man" Schroeder
- We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi
- Why Keep Score if it's not about winning. Winning is the only thing. Vince Lombardi
- The holy passion of friendship is so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring in nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money. - Mark Twain
- If you die with money, you lived poorly. - The Harv
- Our present addiction to pollsters and forecasters is a symptom of our chronic uncertainty about the future.... We watch our experts read the entrails of statistical tables and graphs the way the ancients watched their soothsayers read the entrails of a chicken." - Eric Hoffer, American philosopher (1902-1983).
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. - Unknown
- The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live. -Joan Borysenko
- It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. - William Blake (1757 - 1827)
- Adversity introduces a man to himself. - Alonzo Mourning
- A good name is better than Riches. - Polish Proverb
- Act as if some one is always watching. Iz
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. - Henry Ford
- The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
- A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore
- Day Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx
- If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
- Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. -Sir Winston Churchill
- If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it!" -unknown
- The hatred you're carrying is a live coal in your heart - far more damaging to yourself than to them. - Lawana Blackwell
- In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Martin Luther King Jr
- You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." -unknown
- Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -Mae West
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched... but are felt in the heart." -Helen Keller
- Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
- To fall into a habit is to cease to be. - Miguel de Unamuno
- Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him. - aldous Huxley
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Chinese Proverb
- What we see depends mainly on what we look for." -John Lubbock
- When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us." -Alexander Graham Bell
- Truth is not determined by majority vote." -Doug Gwyn
- Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." -Chinese Proverb
- Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." -Forrest Gump
- By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Unknown
- 640 K ought to be enough for anybody." -Bill Gates, 1981
- If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster." -Clint Eastwood
- Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -Brooke Shields
- The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. Dorothy Nevill
- How I look at things is how I see things. Iz
- The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made. Jean Giraudoux
- Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go. T.S. Eliot
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. Samuel Butler
- I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo Galilei (1564 - 1642
- I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure. John D. Rockefeller
- Psychiatry enables us to correct our faults by confessing our parents' shortcomings. Laurence J. Peter
- He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. Chinese Proverb
- You can fool some of the people some of the time and the rest you can just Jerk Off. " Robin Williams
- I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph. Shirley Temple
- First things first, but not necessarily in that order. Doctor Who
- The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously. Hubert H. Humphrey
- It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892 - 1950)
- Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home. Bill Cosby
- The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth. Edith Sitwell
- Nothing ever goes away. Barry Commoner
- Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. Elbert Hubbard
- Imagination is more important than knowledge... Albert Einstein
- In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is. Chuck Reid
- Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something. Thomas A. Edison
- Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do. Dale Carnegie
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. Jonathan Swift
- If you cannot convince them, confuse them. Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
- If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
- And remember, no matter where you go, there you are. Unknown, Buckaroo Banzai, from the film
- He gives double who gives unasked. - Arabian proverb
- It's all up to you. No one else. Iz
- The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. - Viktor Frankl, M.D., Holocaust survivor
- Don't put off today what you can put off tommorrow. ??
- Tough Shit - Iz
- I never had a bad day in my life. Some where just better than others. DB
- Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. - Guillaume Apollinaire
- Youth is wasted on the young. - Gary Borofsky
- Puncuality is respect. - Iz & Gary
- How beautiful it is to do nothing and rest afterwords. - Suzie Barish
- The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life. - Muhammad Ali
- Do or do not; there is no try. - Yoda, Stars Wars
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha
- In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
- History is to the victor. Last man with a pen. Iz & Suzie
- A man is a success if he get up in the morning and does what he wants to do. - Bob Dylan
- Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean
- There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there. - Indira Gandhi
- It's better to have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it. Clarence Wearly in True Romance
- The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time. - Joe Girard
- Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mahatma Gandhi
- Well, there are some things a man just can't run away from. - The Ringo Kid (John Wayne) in Stagecoach
- Look, I don’t mean to be a sore loser, but when it's done ... if I'm dead ... kill him! - Butch Cassidy (Paul Newman) in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. - Chinese Proverb
DR.G.M.SINGH GENERAL MEDICAL SERVICE 3/5 WEST PATEL NAGAR NEW DELHI-110008 INDIA 01142488406; 9891635088
Have you ever had an epiphany? One of those “a-ha” moments where something just clicks for you? Maybe it’s something you’ve been struggling with for a long time, or maybe it was a piece of advice you learned from a friend. Whatever the source of our insight, it’s these moments that bring us to a deeper understanding of our world. The better understanding we have of life, the more we live in the truth.
Below are the most powerful lessons:
Often those who aren’t the easiest to love are the ones who need it the most.
Seeing children play can make even the bluest day brighter.
Money is not the root of all evil, fear is.
The secret to happiness is the acceptance of yourself.
Happiness is not based on external status, it is an internal state.
Money can’t make me happy, but self-sufficiency gives me the freedom to share myself creatively, without worrying about how I’m going to pay the bills.
Every man has a right to choose his own destiny.
The path is the way. You define your own path.
Follow your gut, you’ll thank yourself later.
Remember what your mother taught you, it came from the most sacred place of love that exists.
Never let an argument last, never hold a grudge, it will make your heart heavy.
Forgive those that have yet to do you wrong, and you won’t have to worry about it should the time come.
Be grateful for this moment, it is all there is.
The source of most of your frustrations and anxiety are the result of living in the future, or the past.
Spend time alone with yourself every day.
Always go with yourself, never against yourself.
You have to be your own best friend.
If you don’t like what someone else says to you, you can walk away. But if you don’t like what you say to yourself, you can’t walk away. Therefore, if you’re going to be with yourself all the time, you might as well be nice to yourself.
The truth shall indeed set you free.
Lies only exist if we believe in them.
Even the most fundamental beliefs about reality are not true in themselves. Our thinking makes them true in our experience.
Your thoughts create reality.
The biggest lie is the lie of your imperfection.
Being kind is more important than being right.
Your heart is your best compass.
Cherish those that you love, you never know if you’ll see them again.
Your beliefs are a filter for your reality.
Love is the supreme expression of life, it is the essence and ground of all creation.
How Can I Improve the standard of my Thoughts:
a) Avoid thinking about unnecessary things specially related to others. Mind your own business. Posses a focused mind.
b) Stop comparing yourself to others. It's an insult to yourself. You are a unique soul and you are independent on your living, your decisions and your destiny.
c) Don't think of monetary gains too much. Excessive love for money and assets is the root of most of stresses. Work on your real wealth.
d) Develop the habit of forgiving and letting things go off. If you are keeping the grudge in your brains for longer durations, you are killing yourself. Stress is a slow poison which deepens its roots your brain and destroy your physical and mental health.
e) Read quality quotes or articles on positivity and try to absorb the message. This will kill the germs of negativity.
f) Practice the habit of gratitude. Stop complaining, criticizing and blaming. When a negative thought comes in, convert it to positive by looking at the positive side of the issue.
g) Instead of thinking about your 'wants' too much, think about your needs. This will reduce the magnitude of your focus because usually needs are limited but wants are too many. Adapt simple life style as it reduces unnecessary socio-economical issues.
The Power of Good Words
A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit.
All the other frogs gathered around the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the unfortunate frogs they would never get out. The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit.
The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and simply gave up. He fell down and died.
The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and suffering and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs asked him, "Why did you continue jumping. Didn't you hear us?"
The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.
This story holds two lessons:
1. There is power of life and death in the tongue. An encouraging word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it through the day.
2. A destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes to kill them. Be careful of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your path.
The power of words… it is sometimes hard to understand that an encouraging word can go such a long way. Anyone can speak words that tend to rob another of the spirit to continue in difficult times.
A beautiful speech by Sundar Pichai - an IIT-MIT Alumnus and Global Head Google Chrome:
The cockroach theory for self development��
At a restaurant, a cockroach suddenly flew from somewhere and sat on a lady.
She started screaming out of fear.
With a panic stricken face and trembling voice, she started jumping, with both her hands desperately trying to get rid of the cockroach.
Her reaction was contagious, as everyone in her group also got panicky.
The lady finally managed to push the cockroach away but ...it landed on another lady in the group.
Now, it was the turn of the other lady in the group to continue the drama.
The waiter rushed forward to their rescue.
In the relay of throwing, the cockroach next fell upon the waiter.
The waiter stood firm, composed himself and observed the behavior of the cockroach on his shirt.
When he was confident enough, he grabbed it with his fingers and threw it out of the restaurant.
Sipping my coffee and watching the amusement, the antenna of my mind picked up a few thoughts and started wondering, was the cockroach responsible for their histrionic behavior?
If so, then why was the waiter not disturbed?
He handled it near to perfection, without any chaos.
It is not the cockroach, but the inability of those people to handle the disturbance caused by the cockroach, that disturbed the ladies.
I realized that, it is not the shouting of my father or my boss or my wife that disturbs me, but it's my inability to handle the disturbances caused by their shouting that disturbs me.
It's not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs me, but my inability to handle the disturbance caused by the traffic jam that disturbs me.
More than the problem, it's my reaction to the problem that creates chaos in my life.
Lessons learnt from the story:
I understood, I should not react in life.
I should always respond.
The women reacted, whereas the waiter responded.
Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of.
A beautiful way to understand............LIFE.
Person who is HAPPY is not because Everything is RIGHT in his Life..
He is HAPPY because his Attitude towards Everything in his Life is Right..!!